Instant pot slow cooker for your kitchen in 2018!
In every kitchen, whether its a family, a single mother, father or bachelor an instant pot slow cooker is excellent as part of the kitchen tool, and they can cook an entire meal for you and save you lots of time in the kitchen. They’re especially helpful if you work outside the house, apartment or even if you work at home. Just make your main dish early in the day, throw in all of your selected ingredients, select the relevant setting, and you’re good to go. You can even use two slow cookers if you are preparing a side dish.
On a regular day, surprise everyone with their favorite soup or stew by letting it cook all day. When the household arrives home the delicious meal of what’s been simmering, you immediately earn some excellent points with hardly any effort for preparing that delightful meal. And speaking of brownies since you’ll be saving lots of time on your dinner, you’ll have more time to make some, or perhaps another favorite family treats.
Therefore, if you have that instant pot slow cooker, but it’s been gathering dust somewhere high up on a shelf, its time to put it into use. Take it down, dust it off and use it. There is nothing better especially on a cold, snowy day than a slow cooker filled with mouth-watering, homemade goodies. The advantage of the slow cooker offers incredible time-saving ways to make smooth, melt-in-your-mouth dishes without the stress of cooking.
The instant slow pot cooker duo 7-in-1 multi-use programmable has over 3,817 customer reviews on Amazon.
The Instant Pot Has Seriously Changed My Life. It has no doubt cut down my food expenses (cutting down take-out and product waste) but has also renewed my passion for cooking! I was tired of dry, overcooked meat and hours of standing in the kitchen trying to simmer cook meals for flavor.
I work long hours and can’t devote an entire day to meal prep, so being able to come home and make a one pot meal in 10 minutes with veggies, protein, and my starch all at once has been life changing! You can cook meat from frozen states in minutes with no need to even defrost! I can cook two juicy and tender chicken breasts thoroughly in 5-6 minutes!
So Here Are My Favourite Features Of The Instant Pot DUO Series:
The contents of the pressure cooker cook at a higher temperature than what can be achieved by a conventional boil — more heat means more speed. Pressure cooking is about twice as fast as a traditional dish (sometimes, quicker!) I have included a few of the cook times below for common meats below. Please be advised a full set of cooking times and charts will be available to you in the included “recipe book” that comes with your instant pot. Below I provide my personal experiences so yours may differ slightly.
• Pot Roasts – 30 – 40 minutes
• Stew Meat – 15 – 20 minutes
• Ribs – 25 – 30 minutes
• Ground Beef, frozen – 10-25 minutes
• Whole – 6 minutes per pound
• Boneless – 5-8 minutes
• Boneless, frozen – 8-12 minutes
• Bone-In – 10 – 15 minutes
• Ham, re-heat boneless fully cooked – 6 – 7 minutes
• Ham, shoulder – 8 minutes/1LB
• Roast, butt – 15 minutes/1LB
• Roast, loin – 20 minutes/1LB
• Ribs – 20 – 25 minutes
• Chops – 5 – 6 minutes
• Whole – 5 – 6 minutes
• Whole, frozen – 7 – 10 minutes
• Fillets – 2 – 3 minutes
• Fillet, chilled – 3 – 4 minutes Please note that you can also make grains, fruits, and vegetables (fresh or frozen), as well as yogurt and many desserts in this post as well. Cook time will be available in your guide, but I will add pictures attached to this review of the cooling charts for your knowledge. This review cannot possibly cover all the fantastic things this pot can do for you.
EASE OF USE
I truly believe anyone can make a fantastic meal regardless of skill set! The instant pot Duo offers preset programs, so it’s as easy as putting your meat/starch/whatever in the pot, adding water, closing the lid and pressing a button to get it started.
No calculations required! Please note, just because you do not have a specific pre-set button on your model does not mean you cannot use your pot to make it. For example, the Duo series does not have a “cake” button pre-set. All this means is that you will follow a recipe and instead of hitting “cake” you will hit “manual” and cook it at pressure for however long the recipe says. This pot honestly can do everything!
“Pressure cooking is one of the healthiest cooking methods. According to a study published in the Journal of Food Science, pressure cooking preserves 90-95% of vitamins. The extra speed and heat of pressure cooking practically flash-cooks vegetables, allowing them to retain more vitamins than boiling, (which only retains 40-75%), or even conventional steaming (75-90%!)” -Instant Pot
“Pressure cookers require less energy/electricity to operate during the cooking process. Less heat and time translates to up to 70% energy savings in comparison to conventional cooking methods.” – Instant Pot
These are not your grandmother’s pressure cookers! The days of worrying about your cooler exploding are gone! Modern pressure cookers have additional safety systems to ensure that if one should fail, another will kick-in.
This pot is so safe that I genuinely believe there is nothing to be worried about this item. The only problem I do have with it though is the steam release valve. If misused you could get burned by steam. I will be covering that next in the CONS section. Item list 1 star off the review for the hazard of a steam burn.
So What Are The Cons:
1. The steam release valve- I am not a fan of this design for two reasons:
The first being that the valve must be reset from its “venting” positions to its “sealed” position each time before pressure cooking. When pressure cooking and time is finished, the valve will automatically go from sealed to venting. However, it does not reset, so next time you go to pressure cook in this pot you will need to remember to reset the valve to “sealing” or you will open your pot and find out your food is underdone.
Sadly this model does not alert you if you forget. If this is a big deal breaker for you like it was for me, I recommend you check out my review on the Instant Pot Ultra 60. It has an automatic venting/sealing feature, so you no longer have to worry about this.
Second, the position of the valve. Please always use a long spoon or included rice paddle to push the steam valve to vent If you want a “quick release.” Never use your fingers. The steam comes out of the tap at extremely high pressure, and it is HOT HOT HOT. This appears to be a significant design flaw in my opinion.
As long as you stand back a little from the valve and do not use your hands, then you should not get burnt. So always use a long spoon. Another tip is that you’re making good that could splatter out from the pressure and make a mess, throw a dish towel over the valve as it vents to prevent clean up.
2. Cooking with Stainless Steel:
This is a learning curve. If you are unfamiliar with how to adequately heat the pot before use (especially in saute mode), it is easy to burn food in the beginning. Luckily there are many online resources on how to do this and its pretty simple!
3. Accessories CAN be Expensive:
Although it’s easy to get around buying a bunch of extra stuff, you may find yourself going down the rabbit hole of wanting to try it all. If you are new to cooking, this might mean needing some new things for the kitchen. Most everything can be made in this pot though with everyday glass dishes and the included trivet.
Other Great Things Not Mentioned:
-Colorful Manual that is easy to follow with lots of pictures!
-Many online support and chat groups for 24/7 support and advice!
-Fits neatly onto any amount of kitchen counter space.
And Many more!!! This is just a starter list!!
Overall I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking to cut down on their time in the kitchen, trying to save money or make more flavourful and healthy meals! The Instant Pot Duo has all the same functionally of the upgraded models but without the extra price.
It is, however, missing a few of the “bells and whistles” that do make your life even easier but are not a necessity to making amazing food 70% faster! If you are looking for the fanciest version of them all, I recommend you check out my review of the “Ultra 60 Instant Pot” model, which is my everyday user and total favorite.
Amazon Hot Products Daily List
Instant Pot LUX60V3 V3 6 Qt 6-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Sauté, Steamer, and Warmer
$79.00 in stock
27 used from $52.63
- For families, 4-6 people
- Instant Pot Lux V3 6 appliances in 1 enhanced version includes a cake and egg program in addition to the Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Sauté, Steamer, and Warmer.
- Features 10 Smart Built-In Programs - Soup/Broth, Meat/Stew, Cake, Egg, Sauté, Rice, Multigrain, Porridge, Steam and Slow Cook, your favorite dishes are as easy as pressing a button
- Built with the latest 3rd generation microprocessor technology, up to 240 minutes pressure-cooking up to 24 hours delay start, automatic Keep Warm up to 10 hours, 3 temperatures in Sauté & Slow Cook.Exterior, large display panel, Brushed stainless steel, finger print resistant
- Stainless steel (18/8) inner cooking pot, food grade 304, no chemical coating, with 3-ply bottom for even heat distribution, fully sealed environment traps the flavours, nutrients and aromas
Instant Pot is a smart multi-use Electric Pressure Cooker designed with the objective of being Convenient, Dependable and Safe. It speeds up cooking by 2-6 times making it extremely energy-efficient, while, preserving nutrients and preparing healthy, tasty dishes. Instant Pot Lux V3 6 In 1 Programmable multi-cooker replaces 6 kitchen appliances, it combines the functions of a Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Sauté, Steamer, and Warmer. 12 smart built-in programs – Soup/Broth, Meat/Stew, Cake, Egg, Sauté, Rice, Multigrain, Steam, Porridge, Pressure Cook, Keep Warm and Slow Cook, your favourite dishes are as easy as pressing a button. The new Cake Maker is ideal for New York style cheesecake, banana bread and other moist cakes, the Egg Program prepares, soft, medium and hard-boiled eggs perfectly in just a few minutes. Built with the latest 3rd generation technology with an embedded microprocessor. During cooking the microprocessor monitors pressure, temperature, keeps...
Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
$89.99 in stock
40 used from $60.90
- For families, 4-6 people
- 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Cooker--Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Saute/Browning, Yogurt Maker, Steamer & Warmer
- Large, easy to use control panel with 14 built-in Smart Programs, Dual pressure, Automatic keep-warm and 3 temperatures for saute and slow cook
- Delay cooking time up to 24-Hours; Manual setting up to 120 minutes of cook time
- UL and ULC certified with 10 proven safety mechanisms; Highly energy efficient and kitchen friendly
Instant Pot is a smart Electric Pressure Cooker designed by Canadians aiming to be Safe, Convenient and Dependable. It speeds up cooking by 2~6 times using up to 70% less energy and, above all, produces nutritious healthy food in a convenient and consistent fashion. Instant Pot Duo is a 7-in-1 programmable cooker, it replaces 7 kitchen appliances as it has the functions of a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer, sauté, yogurt maker & warmer. 14 built-in smart programs (Soup, Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili, Poultry, Sauté, Steam, Rice, Porridge, Multigrain, Slow Cook, Keep-Warm, Yogurt, Pasteurize & Jiu Niang) cook your favorite dishes with the press of a button. A 24-hour timer allows for delayed cooking. Automatic keep-warm holds the temperature of the food until you serve it. Instant Pot generates almost no noise and leaks no steam. It traps all the aromas in the food without heating up the kitchen. The 3-ply bottom stainless steel inner pot is extremely durable and leaves...
Instant Pot DUO Plus 60, 6 Qt 9-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Yogurt Maker, Egg Cooker, Sauté, Steamer, Warmer, and Sterilizer
$119.95 in stock
32 used from $83.97
- For families, 4-6 people
- Duo Plus is the latest evolution in the #1 selling multi-cooker the Duo series with more custom features, improved usability and a large attractive blue LCD screen
- Duo Plus replaces 9 common kitchen appliances including pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, yogurt maker, egg cooker, sauté, steamer, warmer, sterilizer and it makes cake too
- Up to 70% quicker. A great meal is a press of a button away with 15 microprocessor controlled programs taking the guesswork out of your cooking. You can achieve perfect results every time
- All components in contact with food are food grade 304 (18/8) stainless steel including the lid, the inner pot with 3-ply bottom and steam rack with handles. They are easy to clean and dishwasher safe
Instant Pot Duo Plus is the next evolution in the Duo Series, the #1 best-selling cooker in the Instant Pot family. The Duo Plus 9-in-1 Programmable kitchen appliance with advanced microprocessor technology incorporates all of the great features that made the Duo the #1 best-seller. It has new and improved programs and features to continually support one's fast-paced, health-conscious and lifestyle. The Duo Plus includes 3 new programs, Cake, Egg, and Sterilize. The Cake program has been designed to pressure cook soft and moist cakes; whereas, the Egg program has been created to prepare perfect eggs in just a few minutes. With the Sterilize program one can pasteurize milk, and sterilize baby bottles, jars, and utensils; as well as, perform certain types of canning much more conveniently than ever before! The Duo Plus is designed with a large blue LCD display with a new user interface to adjust the cooking settings, pressure levels, keep-warm on/off at any time during the cooking...